If you’ve got yourself a hammock chair, congratulations! It is a great way to relax. Though you cannot stretch out like you would on a traditional hammock, this is a great choice especially if you have a space limitation.
Of course, for the relaxation to begin, you first need to get it hung safely and be sure that your hammock is not going to give way, throwing you unceremoniously on the floor.
Table of Contents
Here are some of the things you should consider after deciding that you want a hammock chair.
There are two ways to hang a hammock chair.
Choosing a Location
When identifying the location, make sure you find a space where you have elbow room to move a little. That is the fun aspect of being on a hammock chair as against a regular chair - the fact that you can swing or sway. Adding a spring to your hammock chair will up its fun quotient by adding a little bounce.
Make sure you have enough gap between the floor and the hammock. When you sit on it, it is likely to sag. If it is too close to the floor, then you will bump against the floor and again lose the fun of sitting on a free-flowing hammock chair.
Here are others things you should keep in mind.
The good news is that it is easy to hang the hammock chair up safely and enjoy this comfort without any care. All you need are some good-quality tools easily available at your local hardware store or online.
Follow some simple steps once you have the tools.
There are also options available below if you do not want to drill the walls or if you want it in your backyard.
- 1Locate the joist using your stud finder and mark the area with a pencil.
- 2Drill a vertical pilot hole into the joist till you hit the wood.
- 3Tightly screw in the eye bolt and make sure it is attached strongly and can carry your weight.
- 4Insert the "S" hook and the spring (if you want to) with the eye bolt.
- 5Hang the hammock chair to the other side of the "S" hook or spring.
- 6Check to make sure the hanging hammock chair is able to carry your weight.
After installation, it’s time to test your chair. The safest way to test is to sit slowly in the chair with your feet on the floor. Once you feel a little safe, gradually lift your feet off the ground and rest your weight on the chair.
If it holds then, congratulations, you have installed the hammock chair correctly. Make sure that the swing is at least three feet above the floor.
So now, you how to put your chair but do you know what things you should keep in mind while hanging a hammock chair indoors or from a tree or in a pergola?
Hanging from a Tree Branch
If you want to hang it outdoors, find a sturdy branch, and follow the steps given below to enjoy some me-time communing with nature.
- 1Find a branch that can bear your weight.
- 2Take a good quality rope or chain and hold it with the hammock ring to encircle the branch keeping at least an 8-inch distance between the ring and the branch.
- 3If you use a link lock to connect the hammock ring and the rope or chain, you can easily shift the hammock from outdoor to indoor.
- 4Keep it at least two feet off and test its weight before settling down comfortably.
Hanging from a Pergola
If you have a pergola in your backyard, then a hanging hammock chair would add to the excitement of relaxing there.
- 1Decide how high up you want the hammock chair to be.
- 2Adjust the length of the chain and connect the chain to the pergola.
- 3Mark spots on either side of the beam as anchor points from where you will hang the chain.
- 4Drill the two spots with a drill bit and insert eye bolts making sure it is tight enough to withstand your weight.
- 5Connect a snap hook with the chain on both sides and hang the hammock chair swing on the eye bolt.
Enjoy some time chilling in the pergola.
Can I Hang it Without Drilling?
Getting a hammock chair can be exciting. But a great dampener is when you realize that you cannot drill holes in your walls and do not have a great backyard with trees to hang it from.
There are many reasons why you cannot drill into walls or ceilings.
Does that mean you cannot have your own hammock chair at home? Don’t despair. There are equally exciting alternatives that will also enhance your decor. Some of these options include:
In a life filled with stress and activities, just sitting back and putting your feet up can be a luxury. But it does not need to cost too much. You can enjoy the luxury of rest with a very inexpensive option, the hanging hammock chair. You can sit back in comfort and read, connect to friends, or just be without worries as you sway gently on your hanging chair.
Hang it up the right way and have unadulterated fun relaxing on the hammock chair.